Monday, July 18, 2011

Kid’s Rooms: Fun & Stylish Storage Solutions


Sarah from Prairie Perch is sharing her best finds for kids rooms storage solutions. Seeing all these great ideas, I'm wishing a kid's room design was on my plate right now! ~ Janell

I have two young children, ages two and one, and am convinced they have everything a child could ever need or want. Or at least that’s what it seems like whenever I try to bring order to it all. Thankfully there are some really great storage solutions out there that are not only functional but creative and stylish. Here are some of my favorites.

Toy Storage: 

I particularly like bins and baskets for corralling the mess. It’s quick and easy to toss and tuck the toys away. And bins on wheels are even better!

(Rose and Grey)

The bins below have been covered in chalkboard paint so each bin can be easily labelled… love it, love it, love it!

(Via Pinterest)

A hat box can be a great storage solution for smaller toys. Stylish, functional and portable! Why not?

(Via Canadian House and Home)

A basket in the corner of the room means toys are easy to access when it’s time to play, but just as easy to put away when it’s time to clean up.

(via thenewdomestic.com)

And I have to share one of my all-time favorite toy storage ideas. Check this out…


(Via pinterest)

A circus themed room calls for a ferris wheel, and why not make it a toy sorting ferris wheel! I've hung onto this room inspiration for years now and it still gets me excited.

Book Storage: 

A simple but well-built book shelf would suffice, but lately I’ve been drawn to gallery shelves for book storage. It’s more decorative and space efficient.

(via pinterest)

(Elizabeth Sullivan Design via decorpad)

And just look at this tree shelf. Too cool!

(via designaddictmom)

Clothes:

Opt for a sturdy yet stylish clothes hamper.

(via Canadian House and Home)

Check out these clothes trees by P’kolina. What could be better than having the kids put their own clothes away?
(That might actually happen with one of these in the corner of their room.)

(via p’kolina)

Craft Supplies:

I love the look of stashing craft supplies in jars. Displaying them on a wall shelf above the craft station means you can see the supplies at a quick glance, and they look so neat and tidy.

(via tankertrucks.com)

(via craftastic)

I hope that gets your wheels turning. And...one day I’ll get a ferris wheel turning in my kid’s playroom. That would be delightful!

-Sarah

17 comments:

Oksana said...

Brilliant options! I especially love the wall with books and craft supplies in jars. Lovely.

Oksana @ www.ordermatters.com/blog

Barbara Matson said...

Those storage ideas work well for teenagers as well. I especially love the chalkboard labels!

Yay, nice to see another Canadian contributor! Love Sarah's blog :)

Anonymous said...

That ferris wheel is beyond adorable! What great ideas. Although now that my oldest is ten, all I want to do is get rid of toys, lol.

Emily @ EAKaHouse said...

If I ever have children I am so making that ferris wheel. Though I will say baskets are not just for children. I have one at the bottom and top of my stairs to corral the things that drift between the two spaces.

Michelle@ourwonderfilledlife.com said...

Love this post Sarah! The ferris wheel is in my pinterest too, it's genius! I covet those bookshelves as well! Beautiful!!

Michelle@ourwonderfilledlife.com

SAL said...

My boys will not use the ferris wheel for toys. They are not that good! =D But then I wouldnt either if I was lucky to have something so cool like that. haha. Guess they get the wild side from me.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Too funny Sal, and yes, I do believe my boy would have similar fun if such an object was in his room! Janell

Sarah MacMillan {Prairie Perch} said...

Thanks for having me, Janell! It was a fun post to put together.

Unknown said...

Find here b2b buy leads for your kids clothing business. This directory helps you to find out suppliers and manufacturers from all over world.

Victoria @ The FAT Paint™ Company and ÉdinHome said...

Terrific ideas Sarah! I'm with you... LOVE the chalkboard painted bins!! I'm also pretty crazy about the wall of books. And the hat boxes? What a perfect place for a little girl to store her Barbie & her clothes, taking her to her friends place to play!
Victoria

sushisistah said...

I love the P'kolino trees. Their Click Desk is high design too.

Crystal @ Ordinary Days said...

I would be more than happy to put a kid's room on your plate right now! :) I have two girls that are both wanting a room redo. I'm sure that will be in my near future!

Seema Persaud said...

Great ideas! Please feel free to link back to us at http://houseandhome.com

Thanks!

Seema Persaud
H&H Web Promotions Editor

Mike said...

It’s so nice to have a collection of inspirational rooms where individual personality shines through. I also love how each of these rooms have really taken advantage of using the height in the room – particularly the gorgeous birdhouses on the wall creeping up the roof. It’s also great that these are rooms that will grow with the kids, and won’t seem too young or be grown out of too quickly. Thanks for compiling a beautiful collection.
home selling process

Anonymous said...

Detroit Michigan storage units provide extensive self storage locations in Detroit. Detroit Michigan self storage provides storage space to store residential stuffs as well as important, valuable and delicate business items with no risk.

Unknown said...

http://www.lorangekids.com/ please visit this portal. very imformative and unique concept.

Anonymous said...

ontario cottage rentals
You made a great point in this post. I just spent some time reading all your posts and I must say you are a genius who always throws out smart opinions. Now you have me as your loyal reader. Keep writing great posts. I am looking forward to them.thank you.